Estate Planning is an area of the law that many people know very little about. Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Pennsylvania Estate Planning Lawyers and what they can accomplish for you.
- protect and preserve your property (assets) during your lifetime
- maximize the income from your assets
- determine how your assets will be distributed upon your death
- plan for unforeseen circumstances such as an illness or disability
- put money aside for retirement or travel
- otherwise accomplish the things you want for yourself and your family
A Pennsylvania Estate Planning Lawyer may also be able to reduce the tax burden on your heirs after you die.
Some of the problems you may encounter if you plan your own estate include:
- laws you do not understand
- laws that change after your estate planning documents are created
- unintended results from using on-line document forms
- a plan that fails to account for your specific needs from using on-line document forms
- a plan that does not have the legal effect you desire
- a plan that is invalid and unenforceable
- a Will that addresses your particular goals
- titling of property to keep it out of probate, where appropriate
- powers of attorney for people who can no longer (or no longer wish to) make their own financial and health care decisions
- guardianships or conservatorships for people who are unable to manage their own affairs
- tools to minimize taxes
- plans for old age and retirement
Our Pennsylvania Estate Planning Lawyers
Since 1983, Heiligman & Mogul, P.C., has provided the highest quality estate planning services to Pennsylvania clients. Contact us today to schedule a free meeting with our firm.