Our Philadelphia Insurance Dispute Lawyers help clients obtain benefits owed to them under their insurance policies. Insurance companies often decline to honor their policies. Some deny claims as a matter of course. They hope that policy holders will accept the denial and not think to take legal action against them.
State law requires a company to have “reasonable justification” for denying a claim. This means, among other things, that the company must:
- conduct a reasonable investigation, and
- pay all legitimate claims in a timely manner
A company may be liable for a policy holder’s losses caused by the improper handling of a claim. These may include:
- lost wages
- interest on money borrowed to cover expenses while benefits were withheld
- losses due to damaged credit
Disputing an company’s denial of benefits can be a complex process. Only experienced insurance dispute lawyers should handle these types of cases.
Since 1988, our Philadelphia insurance dispute lawyers have helped clients with:
- long-term disability (LTD) claims
- life insurance claims
- homeowner claims
- property claims
- business losses
- losses due to insurance company refusal to settle accident or other personal injury claims